Question:
i need a good website to plan a trip to europe, keeping in mind that it is two teenagers traveling with little
carolgonecrazy11
2006-01-18 22:26:04 UTC
two teenagers traveling with little money! where do we start!!!!
Six answers:
JAF
2006-01-21 14:02:19 UTC
In addition to the other websites listed, Rick Steve's has a number of guides with help on budget travel in Europe.

check out: http://www.ricksteves.com and his Europe Through the Back Door guides

You can also check out Ubiquity International. They have a number of tours to Europe for families. You can look at the itineraries for upcoming tours and use it as a template.

http://www.ubiquityinternational.com

Good luck and happy travels!
fancyping
2006-01-19 00:25:00 UTC
I too am traveling on a budget. My fiance and I are financing our own honeymoon to Europe and we want to go everywhere, so I've been researching a little bit. Ryan air has awesomely cheap airfares, but they only fly within Europe. I have traveled a lot and I recommend Yahoo or Cheap Tickets, also Air Gorilla can have good deals too. Try to book your hotel and airfare together, it will save you a lot! London has the London Pass, which will save you money on Attraction tickets as well as transportation. Also, Tours on Vacations to Go are really cheap, and very hassle free, since everything is taken care for you as a part of the tour (except for some meals and fees for tourist attractions). You can also get fairly inexpensive tickets on Eurail trains (because of your age) that pays for any number of days in any of their 18 countries... I hope this helps and you have a good time!
PU
2006-01-19 15:13:53 UTC
Where do you want to go? That is what I would answer first. If you want to start out in one city and fly home from another, then you have to get an open-jaw airline ticket. Otherwise, you'll have to backtrack to your arrival city.

For traveling between cities, the European rail is quite convenient (each country has their own website) as well as the discount european airlines. However, those airlines do have strict baggage limits, usually 15-20kg for checked baggage and 10kg for carry-on!!!! And they will charge you if you overpack!!!

For hotel planning, I use these websites-

www.venere.com

www.octopustravel.com

www.bookings.net

www.eurocheapo.com

Once you have decided where you want to go, I would post any questions you have in the forums at:

www.tripadvisor.com

choose the country or city and post it in that forum. eg- Rome forum, London forum, or Berlin forum........

Do not buy your train tickets/rail passes from eurail or raileurope.com, you'll be paying more than you have to as compared to point-to-point tickets or rail passes purchased in Europe.
HorB
2006-01-18 22:28:12 UTC
http://www.letsgo.com/

Get the book Let's Go Europe from their website as well.
keronde
2006-01-18 22:39:15 UTC
i work in the airline industry. I would like 2 recommend orbitz.com as a good site. you can book air and hotel at a good rate. try them out.
MM
2006-01-18 22:36:44 UTC
www.cheaptickets.com check this website they have cheap tickets here